Statesville Historical Collection
Come see why Statesville earned the title "The Best Town in North Carolina."
The Statesville Historical Collection promotes the understanding and preservation of and respect for the history of the Statesville and surrounding communities in Iredell County, North Carolina.
The vision of the Statesville Historical Collection is:
- To embrace the important responsibility of collecting, preserving, exhibiting, and interpreting historical and cultural stories, documents, images, and artifacts of significance of Statesville and Iredell County, NC.
- To embrace the value of accurate research in understanding the history of diverse cultures while practicing the highest professional standards in collecting.
- To identify and promote the significant contributions this community and its people have made to national and state culture and history.
- To provide for experiences that capture the unique mid-20th Century small-town atmosphere which has enabled the community to thrive and maintain a rich quality of life for citizens.
- To support and compliment state and local organizations with similar interests in local history interpretation and preservation.
A Note From Steve
Hello. My name is Steve Hill. I’m a lifelong resident of Iredell Country, NC, and since 1969 I’ve been collecting historical memorabilia related to my hometown of Statesville and the surrounding communities. As you can imagine, a lot of stuff can be accumulated in 50 years. These pieces of our past have come from a wide variety of places, but mostly from auctions, flea markets, yard sales, antique shops and shows, and of course, the internet. Incidentally, they have come from almost every state in the country as well.
And since the exhibit opened, artifacts have come from local residents seeking a home for their prized family history--a place where the items can be appreciated and preserved for posterity. In each of these cases, I have promised the donor that I will never sell or make a profit from their trust. This is a promise I take very seriously, and one that, I’m proud to say, has never been, nor ever will be, broken.
The collection is supported by Preservation Statesville, a 501(c) not-for-profit organization dedicated to preserving our history. Join Preservation Statesville and become a volunteer.
I hope you will stop by and visit.